Thursday, July 23, 2015

Plateau Pushing: NASM’s July Workout Playlist

“This playlist was pulled together and ordered following the flow of an OPT workout session. Ranging from slower music for SMR and the warm-up, to a rise in tempo for a bit of cardio, to a strong beat for strength to help keep me on track and focused on my speed of movement and rep tracking, and back to a slow tempo for the cool- down. Asking clients their favorite songs, artists or genres to create playlists is yet another opportunity to further personalize their exercise experience. Choosing music for myself versus a playlist for a group training takes on some quirky turns–sometimes these songs just make me laugh or inspire me to train harder and longer versus what I would use to help motivate others.”

Share your favorite workout playlists in the comments!

*SOME SONGS MAY BE EXPLICIT ON THIS WORKOUT PLAYLIST–LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

The post Plateau Pushing: NASM’s July Workout Playlist appeared first on NASM Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment